Secure the Grid Coalition
The Secure the Grid Coalition is an ad hoc group of policy, energy, and national security experts, legislators, and industry insiders who are dedicated to strengthening the resilience of America’s electrical grid. The Coalition aims to raise awareness about the national and international threat of grid vulnerability, and encourage the steps needed to neutralize it.
The electric grid is essential to all of our lives
Every human being in the U.S. is literally on life support – plugged in to the electric grid. If somebody unplugs us, everything necessary to sustain our human population stops: food, water, fuel, transportation, medical, communications, financial—everything. The electric grid is vulnerable to numerous threats and we know (from this Senate report) that in a long-term national-scale blackout, millions of U.S. citizens could die. After only a few weeks, we would die in droves from waterborne diseases, starvation and societal collapse. And what if the grid went down for longer than a few weeks?
But let’s back up. What is the electric grid and how is it regulated?
Read more at SecureTheGrid.com
Secure the Grid Don't let the lights go out in America...
- How to Fix Electric Grid Securityon January 16, 2023
The electric industry says there is no “one size fits all solution.” They are wrong.... The post How to Fix Electric Grid Security first appeared […]
- Michael Mabee Discusses Grid Vulnerability on News Nation Nowon December 13, 2022
Secure the Grid member Mike Mabee joined Chris Cuomo on News Nation Now to discuss... The post Michael Mabee Discusses Grid Vulnerability on News […]
- Tommy Waller joins Miranda Khan to discuss the North Carolina power grid attacks and Chinese elite captureon December 9, 2022
Center for Security Policy Executive Vice President Tommy Waller joined Miranda Khan on Real America’s... The post Tommy Waller joins Miranda Khan […]
- U.S. Continues to Import Large Transformers from Chinaon December 7, 2022
Click HERE for PDF Copy Motion of Complainant Requesting FERC Take Official Notice Submitted to... The post U.S. Continues to Import Large […]
- Michael Mabee discusses the December 2022 attack on North Carolina substationson December 6, 2022
Watch Secure the Grid Coalition member Michael Mabee, a retired Command Sergeant Major of the... The post Michael Mabee discusses the December 2022 […]
- North Carolina blackout highlights growing grid security problemon December 6, 2022
40,000 citizens of North Carolina lost power on Saturday night after two Duke Energy substations... The post North Carolina blackout highlights […]
- As news of increased solar storm hazard should prompt action, is Energy Secretary ignoring warnings?on December 6, 2022
News headlines over the past two weeks point to a major increase in solar activity,... The post As news of increased solar storm hazard should prompt […]
- 60 Minutes highlights vulnerabilities of the electric grid and Biden administration inactionon December 5, 2022
“No one is in charge” of protecting America’s electrical grid, Biden Homeland Security Advisor Dr.... The post 60 Minutes highlights […]
- New Hampshire can blaze the trail to plentiful carbon-free energyon December 5, 2022
As energy prices continue to crush families and businesses, the future looks bleak for northern... The post New Hampshire can blaze the trail to […]
- A modern-day Paul Revere: We will miss you, Dr. Peter Pryon August 22, 2022
In the early morning hours of Saturday, August 20th, America lost a hero that was... The post A modern-day Paul Revere: We will miss you, Dr. Peter […]