The Secure the Grid Coalition is an ad hoc group of policy, energy, and national security experts, legislators, and industry insiders who are dedicated to strengthening the resilience of America’s electrical grid. The Coalition aims to raise awareness about the national and international threat of grid vulnerability, and encourage the steps needed to neutralize it.
The electric grid is essential to all of our lives
Every human being in the U.S. is literally on life support – plugged in to the electric grid. If somebody unplugs us, everything necessary to sustain our human population stops: food, water, fuel, transportation, medical, communications, financial—everything. The electric grid is vulnerable to numerous threats and we know (from this Senate report) that in a long-term national-scale blackout, millions of U.S. citizens could die. After only a few weeks, we would die in droves from waterborne diseases, starvation and societal collapse. And what if the grid went down for longer than a few weeks?
But let’s back up. What is the electric grid and how is it regulated?
Read more at SecureTheGrid.com
Secure the Grid Don't let the lights go out in America...
- The Clock is Ticking for Important Decisions on Grid Security by Biden Administrationon February 8, 2021
By Tommy Waller – Originally published by the Center for Security Policy While President Biden’s... The post The Clock is Ticking for Important […]
- EMP ignorance is blisson August 5, 2020
By Dr. Peter Vincent Pry Kelsey Atherton in “Electromagnetic Pulses Are The Last Thing You... The post EMP ignorance is bliss first appeared on […]
- Renowned Cybersecurity Expert: “ICS cyber security is the second coming of the Maginot Line – and the Chinese have breached it”on July 6, 2020
Link to original photo: https://www.reddit.com/r/MemeEconomy/comments/7nzw73/new_format_label_maginot_line_france_and_germany/ Joe Weiss* is an […]
- China: EMP Threat – A New Report by Dr. Peter Pryon June 22, 2020
Posted on June 22, 2020 by Michael Mabee Click HERE for PDF Copy CHINA: EMP THREAT The... The post China: EMP Threat – A New Report by Dr. […]
- FERC Denies Grid Physical Security Complaint, BUT…on June 14, 2020
Posted on June 14, 2020 by Michael Mabee In an order that appears to be largely cut and... The post FERC Denies Grid Physical Security Complaint, […]
- Secure the Grid Coalition Opposes Senate Bill S.3688on June 6, 2020
Posted on June 6, 2020 by Michael Mabee Click HERE for PDF Copy June 4, 2020 The Honorable... The post Secure the Grid Coalition Opposes Senate […]
- Shining sunlight on a massive cybersecurity cover-upon June 5, 2020
By Tommy Waller “Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the... The post Shining sunlight on a massive cybersecurity […]
- Electric Industry Lobbyist’s China Ties Questionedon May 14, 2020
Below is formal correspondence from Secure the Grid Coalition member Michael Mabee to the Federal... The post Electric Industry Lobbyist’s China […]
- Will grid regulators FINALLY take security seriously?on May 12, 2020
By Tommy Waller One week after the President of the United States declared a national... The post Will grid regulators FINALLY take security […]
- Supply Chain Cybersecurity Complaint Filed with FERCon May 12, 2020
Posted on May 12, 2020 by Michael Mabee Click Here for PDF Copy Introduction I am a... The post Supply Chain Cybersecurity Complaint Filed with […]