The Secure the Grid Coalition is an ad hoc group of policy, energy, and national security experts, legislators, and industry insiders who are dedicated to strengthening the resilience of America’s electrical grid. The Coalition aims to raise awareness about the national and international threat of grid vulnerability, and encourage the steps needed to neutralize it.
The electric grid is essential to all of our lives
Every human being in the U.S. is literally on life support – plugged in to the electric grid. If somebody unplugs us, everything necessary to sustain our human population stops: food, water, fuel, transportation, medical, communications, financial—everything. The electric grid is vulnerable to numerous threats and we know (from this Senate report) that in a long-term national-scale blackout, millions of U.S. citizens could die. After only a few weeks, we would die in droves from waterborne diseases, starvation and societal collapse. And what if the grid went down for longer than a few weeks?
But let’s back up. What is the electric grid and how is it regulated?
Read more at SecureTheGrid.com
Secure the Grid Don't let the lights go out in America...
- U.S. Continues to Import Large Transformers from China in 2023on November 8, 2023
Click HERE for PDF Copy Motion of Complainant Requesting FERC Take Official Notice Submitted to... The post U.S. Continues to Import Large […]
- Looming vulnerabilities and government inaction require a “bottom up” approach to grid securityon November 6, 2023
Editor’s Note: This piece was originally published by the Center for Security Policy. According to... The post Looming vulnerabilities and […]
- STG holds the government accountable to secure the gridon October 19, 2023
The Secure the Grid Coalition (STG) recently filed two Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests... The post STG holds the government accountable to […]
- Secure the Grid Coalition files physical security motion with FERCon September 29, 2023
Submitted to FERC on September 29, 2023 Our Secure the Grid Coalition respectfully requests that... The post Secure the Grid Coalition files physical […]
- Webinar – Clean energy is a terrible thing to wasteon September 22, 2023
On September 22, the Center for Security Policy’s Secure the Grid Coalition hosted a webinar... The post Webinar – Clean energy is a terrible […]
- Secure the Grid Coalition, along with former Speaker Gingrich, urge federal government to enhance grid securityon September 21, 2023
On September 20, 2023, the bipartisan Secure the Grid Coalition (STG) formally submitted to the... The post Secure the Grid Coalition, along with […]
- Sign Up – Clean energy is a terrible thing to waste: Recycling of our nation’s spent nuclear fuelon September 15, 2023
Sign up for the webinar HERE Did you know that America could provide clean, carbon... The post Sign Up – Clean energy is a terrible thing to waste: […]
- The U.S. continues to import large transformers from China in 2023on August 25, 2023
Motion of Complainant Requesting FERC Take Official Notice Submitted to FERC on August 23, 2023... The post The U.S. continues to import large […]
- Will the utility industry protect the public interest or their special interests?on June 28, 2023
Americans often take for granted just how much modern life relies upon is electricity. But... The post Will the utility industry protect the public […]
- How Communist China could imminently cripple America’s electric gridon June 28, 2023
The U.S. electricity grid is critically dependent on extra-high-voltage transformers made in China, says Tommy... The post How Communist China could […]