Secure Freedom Radio: With Amb. Pete Hoekstra
AMB. PETE HOEKSTRA, former Congressman (1993-2011), Michigan’s 2nd Congressional District, former US Ambassador to the Netherlands (2017-2021), Fellow, Center for Security Policy, @Petehoekstra
- Trump’s foreign policy was disruptive – a “healthy disruptive”
- Pete Hoekstra: Under Obama-Biden, the U.S. was engaged in numerous active battlefields, while President Trump tried diplomacy
- The Netherlands spent around 1.2% of its GDP on defense – well below the NATO threshold
- Amb. Hoekstra argues that under Trump’s leadership, the U.S. upgraded the transatlantic relationship
- In 2000, Amb. Hoekstra voted against a bill that would establish permanent trade relations with the People’s Republic of China – Why?
- Huawei, ZTE, and other Chinese tech giants are trying to dominate the economic world
- The conquest for Rare Earth Metals is on the horizon
- Biden team may partner with private firms to monitor extremist chatter online
- Hoekstra: The Director of National Intelligence is “broadening” the guidelines for what the intelligence community can do inside of the U.S.
- Hoekstra: The government should be looking for new ways to build roads, not spy on its citizens
Read More at Secure Freedom Radio Podcast